All NCS Tucson Tournaments are umpired by qualified and experience individuals who work State of Arizona High School baseball Jayvee and Varsity levels, the Arizona Community College Athletic Conference, Sun Belt Summer College League, and American Legion baseball.
All NCS Tucson Tournament games will have assigned two umpires for every game by the Kino Umpire Association. It is expected of our umpires that they are approachable and respectful.
Umpires will be at your assigned field 10 minutes prior to your game time to collect line up cards and go over ground and any special playing rules.
The umpire role is to move the game along with the goal that the game environment for the players, coaches and families is a positive experience.
The tournament fields will be prepared prior to the start of each day by the Pinstripe Sports field crews. Preparation to include dragging of infields, line and batters box marking, bases at the proper distance for the division scheduled to play on the field. Portable pitching mounds if applicable will be placed at the proper pitching distance.
In between games, time permitting, the Pinstripe Sports field crews will touch up the fields to include batters box, rake around the bases and touch up foul lines if required.
The tournament field distances for each age division:
10U Division: 46 foot pitching distance/60 foot base distance
11U-12U Divisions: 50 foot pitching distance/70 foot base distance
13U Division: 54 foot pitching distance/80 foot base distance
13U Open Division: 60 foot 6 inch pitching distance/90 foot base distance
14U-16U Divisions: 60 foot 6 inch pitching distance/90 foot base distance
It is expected of the participating teams that at the end of their game to collect and dispose of any trash generated during the game and to immediately leave the dugout and playing field so the mobilization of the next scheduled game teams can get onto the field. There are no post game team meetings held in the dugout or on the game playing field. Conduct such meetings outside in the common areas of the park.
Pinstripe Sports will have an assigned a Site Administrator whose duties include:
- It is first and foremost expected that our customers are respected and listened to.
- Is approachable and a problem solver.
- Responsible for checking in the teams at the start of the tournament to assure all players are eligible
- Assures that the fields are prepared properly
- Umpires are on site and get to their assigned fields on time.
- Collects and maintains each game score and pitching record
- Updates tournament schedule with results and standings
- Monitors in between games to assure that teams are ready to go and the games start on time